Sonar v0.1.8 or higher
The following monitoring scenarios should be considered:
- Monitoring WMI, performance counters on Windows container.
- Monitoring product specific metrics, for example SQLServer or BizTalk Server.
These scenarios are useful for gathering key metrics from Windows container , processes or products that are needed for monitoring and anomaly detection.
Benefits and Liabilities
The following benefits and liabilities should be considered before monitoring event logs with Sonar:
- Minimal performance impact – query Windows container and host metrics locally or remotely from Nano Server containers (with process or Hyper-V isolation).
- Cloud-native collection for events – Sonar supports exposing collected records from Windows event log to InfluxDb (via UDP).
- Cloud-native collection for metrics – Sonar supports exposing metrics to Prometheus.
- Using either InfluxData TICK stack enables anomaly detection and machine learning for collected event log records by application or severity.
- InfluxDb and/or Prometheus are required for storing metrics collected by Sonar.
- Sonar daemon requires configuring queries for metrics that should be scraped on periodic intervals.
See WebAPI sample and Dockerfile for deploying Sonar in Nano Server container.