The new 0.1.9 version of Sonar for monitoring Windows containers and hosts has been released. Sonar is metric collection agent for Windows that can be deployed on Nano Server containers, Docker and Kubernetes. This release adds integration with time series databases not supported in previous version.
What's New in this Release
This release includes:
- Output adapter for sending metrics to Akumuli time series database ( support UDP and TCP).
- General bug fixes.
- The Web API sample in GitHub repository has been updated with latest version of configuration files.
- Updated sidecar images are available on Docker Hub.
This release expands choices for time series databases for storing collected metrics. Below are Windows containers metrics collected by Sonar, stored in Akumuli time series database, shown in Grafana:
Below are the links to Sonar documentation:
- No coding for defining new metrics.
- Query metrics from WMI locally and remotely on Windows ( including Nano Server containers).
- Gather performance counters on Windows ( including Nano Server containers).
- Monitoring Event Logs on Windows (including Nano Server containers).
- Deployment on Docker as Linux or Windows containers (sidecar pattern).
- Deployment on Kubernetes as Linux or Windows containers (sidecar pattern).
- Deployment as Windows service on Nano Server container.
- Deployment as Windows service on host OS.
- Monitor relational data from SQL Server for Linux or Windows on Docker or Kubernetes.
- Sending collected metrics to Prometheus.
- Sending collected metrics to InfluxDb.
- Sending collected metrics to Akumuli.
- Ability to measure performance to determine cost of collecting any given metric.